Justin H. Wilson
Postdoc at Caltech
Supervisor: Gil Refael
- Non-equilibrium effects in topological phases.
- MBL (beyond exact diagonalization)
- Weyl and Dirac metals
- Spin-$S>0$ BECs dynamics and structure.
- Casimir and optical phenomena
- Persistent Hall response in a quantum quench
- Phases of a Spin-1 BEC in synthetic dimension experiments with interactions.
- Charge density waves develop (with ferromagnetic and anti-ferromagnetic interactions) in addition to spin density waves.
- First order transition into a uniform phase occurs for anti-ferromagnetic interactions.
- Disorder induced phases in a 3D $p+ip$ superconductor
- Thermal insulator, semi-metal, and diffusive metal found and characterized with critical exponents.
- Peak in DOS (See Eq. (37) of Senthil and Fisher) observed for strong enough disorder associated with thermally diffusive behavior.
- Anderson insulating transition observed numerically.
- Rare region effects destroy the semi-metallic phase for infinitesimal disorder.
- J. H. Wilson, J. C. W. Song, and G. Refael, Persistent Hall response in a quantum quench, arXiv:1603.01621.
- A. A. Allocca, J. H. Wilson, and V. M. Galitski, Quantum interference phenomena in the Casimir effect, Phys. Rev. A 91, 062512 (2015). arXiv:1501.06096
- J. H. Wilson, A. A. Allocca, and V. M. Galitski, Repulsive Casimir force between Weyl semimetals, Phys. Rev. B 91, 235115 (2015). arXiv:1501.07659
- J. H. Wilson, D. K. Efimkin, and V. M. Galitski, Resonant Faraday and Kerr effects due to in-gap states on the surface of topological insulator, Phys. Rev. B 90, 205432 (2014). arXiv:1408.5139
- A. A. Allocca, J. H. Wilson, and V. M. Galitski, Non-analytic behavior of the Casimir force across a Lifshitz transition in a spin-orbit coupled material, Phys. Rev. B 90, 075420 (2014). arXiv:1312.6754
- J. H. Wilson, J. Mitchell, and V. M. Galitski, Probing the structure of entanglement with entanglement moments, Solid State Comm. 195, 43-48 (2014). arXiv.1305.2005
- J. H. Wilson, B. M. Fregoso, and V. M. Galitski, Entanglement dynamics in a non-Markovian environment: an exactly solvable model, Phys. Rev. B 85, 174304 (2012). arXiv:1202.1614
- J. H. Wilson and V. Galitski, Breakdown of the coherent state path integral: two simple examples, Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 110401 (2011). arXiv:1012.1328
- G. Berkolaiko, J. Harrison, and J. H. Wilson, Mathematical aspects of vacuum energy in quantum graphs, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 42, 025204 (2009). arXiv:0711.2707v3
- S. A. Fulling, P. Kuchment, and J. H. Wilson, Index theorems for quantum graphs, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 40, 14165–14180 (2007). arXiv:0708.3456
- S. A. Fulling, L. Kaplan, and J. H. Wilson, Vacuum energy and repulsive Casimir forces in quantum star graphs, Phys. Rev. A 76, 012118 (2007). arXiv:quant-ph/0703248
- S. A. Fulling and J. H. Wilson, Vacuum energy and closed orbits in quantum graphs, Proc. Symp. Pure Math. 77, 673–689 (2008) (volume associated with the program Analysis on Graphs and its applications, Newton Institute, 2007).
- Optical and Casimir Effects in Topological Materials, Ph. D. Dissertation in condensed matter physics, University of Maryland at College Park, 2015. http://hdl.handle.net/1903/16633
- Vacuum Energy in Quantum Graphs, University Undergraduate Research Fellows Thesis, Texas A&M University, 2007. http://handle.tamu.edu/1969.1/5682