lets list here topics and questions. After interested participant self-identify, a convenient time can be sorted out
- Higher dimensions
- Floquet systems
- Spin glasses
Interested: Arijeet, Ivar,...
Odd-f superconductivity and its connection to Majorana fermions.
- is it the same thing?
- connection between ballistic and semiclassical approaches?
- Mapping of the two-channel Kondo problem to a resonant-level model, V. J. Emery and S. Kivelson
- Theory of superconducting and magnetic proximity effect in S/F structures with inhomogeneous magnetization textures and spin-active interfaces, Linder et al
- The quasiclassical approach to superfluid 3He, J.W Serene, D Rainer
Interested: Ivar, ...
Floquet/TI, with relaxation/dissipation
- interesting possibilities in multi-Floquet spaces?
Interested: Ivar, Xiaopeng, Dong , Majo, Mohammad, Justin, Babak
Vortices in p-wave excitonic(-polaritonic?) condensates
- are there cores states analogous to Majoranas?
- what happens when d-vector is not confined to a plane?
Interested: Ivar, Xiaopeng, Yip, Babak
- Open questions?
- Robust non-topological operations?
- Majoranas in unusual settings (helical magnets or interface between s-wave and semiconductors)?
- Issues with detection?
- Majoranas with superconducting circuits
- Molenkamp Fractional Josephson experiments arXiv:1603.09611, arXiv:1601.08055, arXiv:1503.05591
- Open questions related to fractional Josephson effect- How to model ac effect with dissipation and continuum states? how likely is it to get false positives - as a function of frequency?
- Open questions related to Shapiro states - How to model Shapiro step with interaction, finite T Ohmic dissipation and dynamics - what would be a low voltage safe case?
Interested: Ivar, Dong, Eran, Yuval, Jay, Yip, Julia
Past: Date/Time/Loc: June 10, 3 pm. Bethe
Landau-Zener-Stuckelbert with dissipation
- different regimes?
- pulsed vs continuous drive?
- systems: qubits, magnetic atoms, e.g. in Li(Ho,Y)F
Interested: Ivar, Dong, Majo
Past: Date/Time/Loc: June 8, ~3 pm Majo office